Chart of Accounts
New PeopleSoft chartfields may be requested by personnel who have the "chartfield requestor" role in the UGA Financial Management System. A tutorial on how to do this is located in the OneSource Training Library.
New SpeedTypes may be requested by personnel who have the "speedtype creator" role in the UGA Financial Management System. A tutorial on how to do this is located in the OneSource Training Library.
Chart of Accounts Report (New!)
This Tableau report replaces the previous Excel-based chart of accounts reference document, with improved functionality including a daily refresh with the most current chartfield values, ability to set custom views, ability to search and filter in a variety of different ways, and more!
General Ledger Crosswalk (January 2019)
The Chart of Accounts crosswalk spreadsheet contains all legacy crosswalks.The spreadsheet tool allows users to gather more data and to create translation formulas in other work spreadsheets. The crosswalk spreadsheet includes the Operating Unit and Chartfield1 where applicable.
- Nature of Account Rules (December 2020)
Personal Services Object Codes Crosswalk(July 2018)
Creating and Uploading a Journal Spreadsheet:
For departments or units that have a large number of transactions, it may be easier to record the transactions on a spreadsheet and upload to the general ledger. It is best to structure your spreadsheet with columns in the same order as they are on the template you will use to upload the entries to the general ledger. There are two steps in this process:
- Create the spreadsheet journal and upload it to the UGA Financial Management System.
- Log in to the UGA Financial Management System and run the Edit Process and submit the journal so it can be approved and posted.
Templates may be obtained from the OneSource Service Desk by emailing OneSource@uga.edu. Users are strongly advised to attend a training class or participate in online training.
- Understanding the Chart of Accounts
- Chart of Accounts FAQs
- Chart of Accounts Code Structure (Updated March 2021) The chart of account code structure document illustrates the chart field combinations for fund, class, program, department and account.
- Chart of Accounts Financial Cross Walk Table Use
- SpeedType Resources Page
- Chart of Accounts Overview
- UGA Foundation Data Information
- Chart of Accounts Videos
- Chart of Accounts Template
- Nature of General Ledger Account Rules
- Combination Edit Groups and Rules Guide
- Pay Group Account Mapping
- New Financial Department Checklist
- Carry Forward Funds
- Budgeting Revenues and Expenditures - Guidelines by Fund - Excel and PDF
- Financial Departments Tree Structure Excel and Guide
- December 2017 Monthly Status Call-Special Topic Financial Cross Walk Table Uses (presentation)
- UGA Chart of Accounts Business Managers Work Session - February 22, 2017 (recording)
UGA Chart of Accounts Business Managers Work Session -February 22, 2017 (presentation)
- UGA Chart of Accounts Public Forum- September 13, 2016 (recording)UGA Chart of Accounts Public Forum - September 13, 2016 (presentation)
- UGA Chart of Accounts Informational Session - August 4, 2016 (recording)
- UGA Chart of Accounts Informational Session - July 25, 2016 (recording)
- UGA Chart of Accounts Informational Session - June 22, 2016 (recording)
Page Last Updated: 12/09/20