Chart of Accounts Resources
With UGA’s implementation of PeopleSoft Financials 9.2, UGA will utilize a new chart
of accounts and align those values with the chart of accounts utilized by the University
System of Georgia (USG).
- New PeopleSoft chartfields may be requested by personnel who have the "chartfield
requestor" role in the UGA Financial Management System. A tutorial on how to do this
is located in the OneSource Training Library.
- New additions to the crosswalk will be published on the OneSource Chart of Accounts
- New SpeedTypes may be requested by personnel who have the "speedtype creator" role
in the UGA Financial Management System. A tutorial on how to do this is located in
the OneSource Training Library.
- Chart of Account Reference Document - Excel Format(May 2020)
This document includes Department Chartfields and is updated frequently. Current
chartfield information can be found here under "General Ledger." The Data Warehouse chartfield reports are prefixed with
- General Ledger Crosswalk (January 2019)
- The Chart of Accounts crosswalk spreadsheet contains all legacy crosswalks.The spreadsheet
tool allows users to gather more data and to create translation formulas in other
work spreadsheets. The crosswalk spreadsheet includes the Operating Unit and Chartfield1
- Personal Services Object Codes Crosswalk (July 2018)
Creating and Uploading a Journal Spreadsheet (August 2018)
For departments or units that have a large number of transactions, it may be easier
to record the transactions on a spreadsheet and upload to the general ledger. It is
best to structure your spreadsheet with columns in the same order as they are on the
template you will use to upload the entries to the general ledger. There are two steps
in this process:
- Create the spreadsheet journal and upload it to the UGA Financial Management System.
- Log in to the UGA Financial Management System and run the Edit Process and submit
the journal so it can be approved and posted.
Templates may be obtained from the OneSource Service Desk by emailing OneSource@uga.edu. Users are strongly advised to attend a training class or participate in online
Page Last Updated: 5/20/20