Finance Business Process Review
UGA’s OneSource Project is a business transformation initiative affecting almost every
financial and human resource business process at the University of Georgia. UGA Financial
Management System (PeopleSoft Financials), OneUSG Connect (the PeopleSoft HR/Payroll
solution provided through the University System of Georgia for all institutions),
and the UGA Budget Management System (Hyperion Planning & Budget) are the primary
enterprise systems being implemented in the scope of the OneSource Project.
Guiding principles of the project, as approved by the Project Leadership Team, include the adoption of leading and "best" business practices and using delivered system functionality, thereby requiring the University to re-evaluate, and in many cases, change its processes.
The business process documentation on this web page will be updated on a recurring schedule, and current versions of business processes and other documents will be posted here along with a log of business process changes and updates since their first publication on August 30, 2017.
Business Process Documentation by Area*:
- Finance Business Process Change Log (Updated - 5.24.18)
- Consolidated Business Process Summary Financials (Removed 2.16.18 since Finance and Workflow Unit Request Complete)
- Accounts Payable (Updated - 1.16.18)
- Asset Management (Updated - 5.24.18)
- Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Budget Management & Planning
- Project Costing (Capital Projects)
- Cash Management
- Exception Management
- General Ledger(Updated - 5.24.18)
- Grants Management (Updated - 5.24.18)
- Purchasing (Updated - 5.24.18)
- Travel and Expense (Updated - 1.16.18)
- Workflow (Updated 1.20.18)
*Note: Documentation best printed on legal size paper.
Finance Business Process Design Forum - September 22, 2017 (Presentation)
Page Last Updated: 5/24/18